DRVC 2020 Conference dates postponed due to the COVID 19 Emergency
The conference aims to update the knowledge base of disaster management professionals by communicating the latest practices and developments evolved in various parts of the globe. Anything and everything that qualifies as a disaster gets discussed in the DRVC. The proposed themes are:
- Community approach in Disaster Management
- Policy Development in Disaster Management
- Public Health & Emergency Medicine
- Public Administration & Disaster Management
- Science and Technology Approaches in Disaster Management
- Cross-cutting themes
- Special Session- “Recent Disaster Risk & Vulnerability in Indian Context”
- Disaster education: issues and solutions
- International players in disaster management
- Human migration and humanitarian actions
These are some of the themes to be discussed. Broader areas could also be accommodated.
Abstracts not exceeding 300 words along with title, name(s) of author(s) and complete address including e-mail and telephone contact numbers should be emailed to the Convener at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 20, 2020.
The abstract should use Times New Roman throughout. It should have a title (Upper case, bold, font size 12), author names — please do not prefix Dr, Mr/Ms etc – (upper lower case, bold font size 12) with affiliation mentioning name of the institution and place – avoid designation — (upper lower case, font size 11). The corresponding author name should be indicated with an asterisk (superscript). Each abstract should have four to five key words (italics, font size 11). Paper title, author(s) name and their affiliation should be center aligned, body text of abstract should be justified on both sides with 1.5 line spacing and font size of the text should 12 pt.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific review committee based on the themes of DRVC 2020 and will be classified as Oral or Poster presentation. Acceptance will be communicated.
After submitting the abstract, authors are encouraged to prepare extended abstracts not exceeding 2000 words in .doc format. Selected papers after peer-reviewing and copy-editing would be published in an ISBN volume. The references should follow the APA style. Authors will be intmated by email about paper acceptance.
The deadline for submitting the extended abstract will be updated in the website.
The extended abstract formatted to A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) size, after having been scrutinized and accepted, will be printed, by offset process. Therefore, the text of the paper in English must confirm strictly to the following requirements and be free from errors.
- Extended abstracts should not exceed 2000 words in .doc formats
- Font size 12, Times New Roman with a line space of 1.5.
- Title of the Paper should be in upper case, font size 12, bold with center alignment
- Author’s name should be given 12 point, Bold Upper-Lower case (Do not prefix name with Mr./Ms./Dr./Prof.)
- Affiliations (organization and place) should be in 11 point italics
- The extended abstract should have a brief Introduction, Material & Methods, Results & Discussion and with References.
- All symbols and abbreviations should be properly defined; superscripts, subscripts and ambiguous characters should be clearly indicated.
The extended abstract not conforming to the stipulated format are liable to be rejected.
Delegates can opt for Oral or Poster presentation and can indicate the subject classification of their presentation. However the mode of presentation as well as the subject area to which it is assigned will be provisional, and the decision of the organizers will be final
The Poster size should be 90cm x 90cm.
- The letter size should be 20 mm for headings, 15 mm for author and affiliation and 10 mm for body text.
Should be organized into sections such as Introduction, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- The matter should be brief with liberal use of illustrations – graphs, pictures and photographs.
The posters should be printed in Cloth/photo paper /glossy paper etc (Printing on Flex is not allowed).